Read and learn Hindi phrases on these commonly used topics and then use them in your conversation in
You can read these transliterated Hindi phrases in Hindi (Devanagri) script. Click here to visit the page.
Greetings, Compliments and Praise
- Greetings - Mubarak, Shubh Kaamanayein
- Happy New Year - Nav varsh ki shubh kamanayein
- Good morning - Shubh prabhat, Su prabhat
- Good evening - Shubh sandhya
- Good night - Shubh ratri
- Meet again, see you again - Fir miltein hain
- Let us meet again - Fir milenge
- Take care - Apna khayal rakhna
- I miss you / I remember you a lot - Mujhe tum bahut yaad aate ho
- Next Week - Agle hafte
- God is one - Ishwar eik hai
- With Compliments of - Sabhivadan
- Happy anniversary - Varshgaanth ki shubh kamanayein
- Happy birthday - Janmdin ki shubh kamanayein, Janmdin Mubarak
- Hello, Hi - Namaste, Namaskar
- Bye - Alvida
- Excuse me - Jii, Maaf kijiye
- Thank you - Dhanyavaad, Dhanya-waad
- Yours faithfully - Bhavdeev, Aapka
- Yours sincerly - Bhavdeev, Aapka
- Yours truely - Bhavdeev, Aapka
- My friend - Mera dost
- My life partner - jeevan saathi, humsafar
- Mr. - Shrimaan
Mrs. - Shrimati
Miss - kumaari
Master - kumaar
- Go Away - Chale Jao
Come here - Idhar aao
Shut up - Chup Raho
Like, Want (something)
- I like playing football. - Mujhe football khelanaa pasand hai.
- Do you like listening to music? - Kya aap sangeet sunanaa pasand karte hai?
- I hope to win the first prize. - Mujhe pratham puraskaar milne kii aashaa hai.
- I don't like standing about in a cold wet wind. - Mujhe thundi aur geeli hawaa ke beech khada rahena pasand nahi hai.
- I want something to eat. - Mai kuchh khaanaa chahati hoon.
- Do you want to go home? - Kya, aap ghar jaanaa chahate hain?
- I love you - Mujhe tumse pyar hai; Mein tumse pyar karta hun
- Beyond words of praise - kyaa kahanaa
- I really love you - Mujhe tumse such me pyar hai, Mein such me tumse pyar karta hun
- From the bottom of my heart - Dil kee gaharaeon se
- I love you with all my heart - Mujhe tumse dil se pyar hai
- Bond of friendship - DostI ka bandhan
- I care about you - Mujhe tumhari fikr hai
- That was funny - Woh Hansane wali baat thi
Phrases for Simple Talk
- I am hungry and thirsty. - Mai bhukhaa aur pyaasaa hoon.
- I am enjoying my meal. - Mai apne khaane kaa anand le rahaa hoon.
- I am brave and fearless. - Mai bahadur aur nidar hoon.
- You are beautiful. - Aap khubsoorat hain.
- You are young and strong. - Aap jawaan aur balshaalii hain.
- You are intelligent and hard working. - Aap budhimaan aur parishramii hain.
- I will never forgive him - Mein use kabhi muaf nahii karuungaa
- My name is <XYZ> - Mera naam <XYZ> hai
- What is your name?- Aapka kya naam hai?
- Where have you been? - Aap kahan the?
- Where are you? - Aap kahan ho?
- You are welcome - Aapka swagat hai
- Have you eaten? - Kya aapne (khana) kha liya?
- How much is it? Yeh kitne ka hai?
1st/2nd Person Pronoun
- First Person (Masculine or Feminine)
- Nominative singular - I - Mai
- Nominative plural - We - hum
- Possessive singular - my, mine - mera
- Possessive plural - our, ours - hamara, hum sabka
- Accusative singular - me - mai(?)
- Accusative plural - us - hum(?)
- Second Person (Masculine or Feminine)
- Nominative - You - aap, tum
- Possessive - Your, Yours - aapka, tumhara
- Accusative - You - aap?, tum?
- Is it wrong? - Kya yeh galat hai?
- How are you? - Aap kaise hain?
- I am fine. - Mai achchha hoon.
The Hindi phrases are grouped above for ease of reference only. We welcome your suggestions for the type of Hindi phrases you would like to get included here.